Day 7 A very nice day

Rinse and repeat like usual get up early in the morning clean up the campsite get ready for breakfast eat breakfast and prepare for lunch for later in the day today we went to see the fish hatchery with the kalispel tribe the caretaker of the fish hatcheries were very nice people and they showed us around there looking at the different sizes. Different features of each fish type. But we kind of were in the Splash Zone when they threw the fish food in there the pellets went flying everywhere in the tank but the fish proceeded to jump out of the water and splash it's always nice to see a whole colony of fish just swimming around with no worries on what could happen to themselves surprisingly they mowed the grass before we actually got there so I was impressed that everything was neatly cut.

 But later in the day, we went to the nearby River for everyone to swim, but I forgot to bring my own swimming. So, I just waited in the dry land but I did catch up on some news that day later on in the day we went to the camp center where it's pretty much an indoor pool gym, and daycare. Well, I had fun playing Foursquare with the kids and also I enjoyed making my own medicine bag and hearing the story of A basketball player rising from a bad situation to a better position in his career. We were shown how certain drums were made and how the tribe's history. But we had to cut it short because of an emergency within their family then we headed up to a nearby cave that was used by ancestors of their tribes back then.

 But I would say today was very eventful. I really enjoyed seeing animals and happily growing communities strong and continuing to be strong together and how the newer generation seems to be happier in their own community.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 9 desert search

Day 11 Museum tribe

Day 8 The final Stage of the Game